Business Dev Manager
Recognised as one of London’s top tech startups in 2020 by Tech Nation, Definely is a fast-growing, venture-backed company on a mission to transform the $600bn global legal services market. Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, financial institutions and multinational corporations such as Allen & Overy, Dentons and Deloitte. We are also backed by a number of prominent investors and VCs, including one of the largest technology companies in the world, the former MD of Google UK and a former dragon on Dragon’s Den.
Given that we spend a good portion of our time at our place of work, we are firm believers that everyone should enjoy what they’re doing and who they work with. We operate a transparent workplace culture, where every person has input at every stage and level of strategic decision-making and is a valued member of the team (we promise we are not just saying that)!
We look for natural self-starters who are curious, adaptive, resilient, apply deep logic to their thinking and, most importantly, learn from every mistake!
What are we looking for?
The Business Development Manager will play a pivotal role in driving Definely’s growth as we move from start-up to scale-up. The intention is for the role to evolve into a leadership position at Definely, with the successful candidate ultimately heading up the Business Development team.
As the Business Development Manager, the primary purpose of your role is to:
- research and identify new business opportunities, including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services and new ways of reaching existing markets; and
- generate and close new business to improve Definely’s topline performance.
- Identifying, negotiating and closing new business opportunities with key decision-makers at target customers, including preparing and delivering pitches, managing target customers through the sales pipeline and negotiating and closing commercial agreements.
- Maintaining up-to-date information on prospective customers and key contacts in our CRM system.
- Identifying and entering into strategic partnerships to accelerate Definely’s market and revenue growth.
- Helping to identify and implement Definely’s expansion into new markets and industry verticals.
- Assisting with the preparation of Business Development resources and collateral.
- Represent Definely at various events such as fairs and conferences in the UK, Europe and abroad.
- Educate both existing and prospective customers about the power of our product and the benefits they’ll receive from using it.
- Feed back what you hear on the front line to the Product, Customer Success and Marketing teams to inform the product roadmap and allow us to continue fine-tuning our product.
- Travel (both domestic and international) may be required.
- Previous experience in a business development role, within a B2B SaaS business, ideally within the legal industry.
- Enthusiastic and hungry to be part of something big, shape the Business Development function and share ideas across the business to help drive growth.
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills: ability to develop relationships at the senior level and handle complex sales cycles.
- Self-starter: eager to learn and thrive in a high-functioning team environment.
- Results-orientated: do what it takes to make your team successful and have high standards.
- Analytical Rigour (if you cannot measure it, you cannot improve it): Data-driven approach to identifying and solving problems, comfortable presenting and visualising data.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage time efficiently.
- Authentic, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Required: Confident working with Microsoft Office and GSuite.
- Preferred: Previous experience with Google Analytics, Tableau, CRM systems (PipeDrive, HubSpot, Zendesk or similar).
What we offer you
- An opportunity to be an integral part of a fast growing startup, to be able to experiment with new ideas, see them implemented and end up managing the Business Development function at Definely.
- Work in a truly meritocratic, diverse organisation and alongside highly motivated individuals working together on the same mission.
- A chance to work with some of the world’s leading law firms, financial institutions and multinational corporations
- Offices in the heart of London’s bustling Liverpool Street
- Training and support.
- Competitive compensation package.
- 28 days holiday per year.
- Flexible Working.
- Equipment (where needed).
Most importantly, if you’re someone with a can-do attitude who is willing to get their hands dirty to help us exceed our wildest expectations, then please do not hesitate to apply.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com as well as any additional information about yourself you want to add!